- Shareholder, 2015
Candace became a shareholder in 2015. With over 20 years of experience, her practice is concentrated in the areas of oil and gas, probate and real property. Candace's experience includes mineral title examination of fee, federal, state, and Indian lands, contract negotiation and preparation in the acquisition and transfer of mineral interests, oil and gas leases, and upstream development transactions. Candace also represents oil and gas companies before the New Mexico Oil Conservation Division (NMOCD).
Candace also has extensive experience as an oil and gas landman spanning 10 years as in-house district landman focusing on the Permian Basin, and as a contract field landman in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Kansas.
Candace is an active member in the New Mexico Oil and Gas Association, New Mexico Association of Petroleum Landmen, American Association of Petroleum Landmen, Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation and the New Mexico Bar Association. She received her J.D. from the Southern Methodist University School of Law in Dallas, Texas and her B.A. in Psychology from the University of Colorado in Boulder.
- Represented oil and gas companies before the NMOCD for drilling, spacing unit, and pooling applications.
- Successfully navigated oil and gas clients through ever-changing New Mexico Oil Conservation Division regulations.
- Represented oil and gas companies in New Mexico local rulemakings affecting oil and gas operations.
- Won numerous administrative hearings for oil and gas companies in New Mexico.
- Extensive experience preparing drilling, division orders and acquisition title opinions throughout New Mexico and Texas.
- Conducted title due diligence of oil and gas real property and leasehold interests.
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, Dallas, Texas
- J.D. - 1998
- University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado
- Major: Psychology
- New Mexico, 1989
- Texas, 1989
- American Association of Petroleum Landmen
- New Mexico Bar Association
- New Mexico Oil and Gas Association
- New Mexico Association of Petroleum Landmen
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation
- Western Energy Alliance