After growing up in Tulsa, Oklahoma and attending Boston University to study international environment and development policy, Sophia studied law at the University of Tulsa College of Law. While there, she served as editor on the Tulsa Law Review and obtained the Energy and Resource Law Certificate. She also interned with the Chief Federal Judge for the Northern District of Oklahoma, the Federal Public Defender's office, and the Denver District Attorney's office.
Before joining the firm in 2022, Sophia spent five years specializing in oil and gas title examination in Denver, CO. She has drafted numerous title opinions covering fee and federal lands and has helped her clients cure title defects.
Sophia and her family now reside in Midland, Texas - the heart of the Permian Basin. In her spare time, Sophia enjoys spending time with her family, running, hiking, and traveling.
- University of Tulsa College of Law, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- J.D. - 2016
- Honors: Graduated with Highest Honors
- Honors: Faculty Honor Roll
- Honors: Dean Honor Roll
- Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts
- B.A. - 2011
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: International Relations
- New Mexico, 2019
- Wyoming, 2019
- Colorado, 2017
- Foundation for Natural Resources and Energy Law
- Colorado Bar Association
- Women’s Energy Network
- Western Energy Alliance
- Chief Federal Judge for the Northern District of Oklahoma, the Federal Public Defender’s office, and the Denver District Attorney’s office, Intern