Ryan became a Beatty & Wozniak shareholder in early 2018, after joining the firm in 2011. He focuses his practice primarily on real property matters relating to the development of oil and gas and other energy related projects on federal, state and fee lands in Colorado and Wyoming.
Ryan graduated from the University of Denver Sturm College of Law in 2009, where he focused on natural resources and environmental law. Before joining Beatty & Wozniak, Ryan worked as a landman in the Rocky Mountain region providing mineral and leasehold title reports for lease acquisitions in Colorado, Wyoming, and North Dakota. Additionally, Ryan interned with a Denver-based group representing the interests of independent power producers. There, he worked to ensure PUC proceedings allowed for fair bidding processes when new sources of energy, including gas, wind, and solar, were needed to meet the energy needs of Coloradans.
Ryan enjoys the outdoors and is both an avid soccer player and spectator.
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law, Denver, Colorado
- J.D. - 2009
- Southwestern University, Georgetown , Texas
- B.A. - 2004
- Honors: Member and Corresponding Secretary of Kappa Alpha Fraternity
- Honors: Member of S.U. soccer team, 2000-2001
- Major: Communications
- Major: Political Science
- Colorado, 2009
- Colorado Bar Associations, Present
- Denver Bar Association, Present
- Denver Association of Oil and Gas Title Lawyers, Present
- Denver Association of Petroleum Landmen, Present
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation, Present
- Western Energy Alliance, Present
- Federal Case Law Update (Co-authored), Oil, Gas & Energy Resources Law, Texas State Bar, Volume 36, No. 4, 2012