Betsy joined Beatty & Wozniak in 2007 and adds over 30 years experience in the energy industry, as both a landman and an attorney for major oil and gas companies.
Working as a field landman in the early 1980's inspired her to further her knowledge of the industry and attend law school, during which time she also worked for Amoco Production Company in the legal department. After graduation, she joined Amoco's land department, where she concentrated on lease acquisitions, due diligence, and contract negotiations.
At Beatty & Wozniak, Betsy's practice includes title examination to determine surface, minerals and leasehold ownership on federal, state and private lands, conducting due diligence reviews to ensure clients are acquiring (or financing) properties what they bargained for, negotiating industry deals and advising clients on maximizing the development of client resources within the regulatory framework. She has worked on helium development projects, as well as siting and alternative uses for surface during energy development. The experience she gained both in-house and working in the field have contributed to her knowledge of many different levels of the energy industry and a common sense approach to what is needed by clients to accomplish their business goals.
- University of Denver College of Law, Denver, Colorado
- J.D. - 1988
- Colorado State University
- B.S. - 1981
- Colorado, 1990
- Honored as one of Denver Business Journal’s “Top Women in Energy”
- Denver Association of Oil and Gas Title Lawyers, Present
- Denver Association of Professional Landmen, Present
- Foundation for Natural Resources and Energy Law, Present
- The Effect of Farmout Contracts on Title, PBLA Takeoff, Permian Basin Landman’s Association Newsletter, March, 2012